6.06.2012

WHY TRIALS?


doesn't it seem silly that we have so many worries here on earth?  when we look at the big picture, it should be an easy decision: right from wrong.  we know that Jesus Christ suffered for us and will be there for us every step of the way.  we know that our Father in Heaven is there and that He loves us and wants the best for us.  we know that this earth is not our home, but a stop along the way to perfection and eternity. 

and so.. why must doubt always creep in?  why must we sometimes make wrong decisions if they only bring us pain and sorrow and disappointment?  why do we have to feel lonely and not good enough and heartbroken? 

first of all, because Satan is real.  as surely as i know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are real and love me, i know that the devil is real and that he loathes me and wants to make me miserable.  he and his followers are ever-ready to bring us down to "endless misery and woe" {alma 9:11}.  endless.  it's important to remember that they are there.  we have to stand against them. 

second of all, because this life is preparing us for perfection.  we cannot become like our Father in Heaven if we are not tried and tested.  i have to remember this during the hard times.  i know that He loves me, and so i trust Him wholeheartedly.  He has a plan for me -- bigger and better than i can imagine -- and i will put my faith in Him and do what He asks of me.

in one of my favorite songs, "Gethsemane", it says of Jesus Christ:

He felt all that was sad,
Wicked, or bad
All the pain we would ever know.

i am so thankful for the Atonement in my life!  what an enormous blessing to be able to call upon the Lord at any time.  He is the only one who knows exactly how i feel at all times.  my heart is full today because of my Savior and the love He has for me.

No comments: