6.27.2012

UNFAIR


today i thought,

how fair is it that my hair dries like straw?  poofy, crazy straw i'd like to add.  others have thick, luscious locks that dry in perfect waves or straight and beautiful.

how fair is it that i have to watch my weight while others can eat whatever they want?  {ahem... julia, haley, whitney... }

how fair is it that i work 50+ hours a week while others are off having fun?

how fair is it that the majority of people my age have a car and i don't?

so i had a pity party for a little while.  a few stray tears, a lot of thinking, a lot of moping around.  you coulda nicknamed me debbie downer and it would have been very fitting.

BUT then i thought,

how fair is it that i have an awesome job?  scratch that.  2 awesome jobs!  seriously, i love my jobs and i love the people i work with.  not a lot of people can say that!

how fair is it that i have a loving family who is strong in the gospel and supports me in whatever i do?

how fair is it that i have amazing friends who back me up, make me laugh, listen to me cry, and are so much fun?

how fair is it that i have a strong body that allows me to run and exercise and hike and bike and do fun things?

not fair! not fair at all!  i'm so grateful for what i have! :)

1 comment:

Morgan said...

This is inspiring! I need to remember this more as well! Mucho love chica mia!