1. post the rules.
2. post a photo and 11 random facts about yourself
3. answer questions from tagger
4. ask questions for those you wish to tag
5. tag away!
wow. that's hot.
random fact #1: i am not your typical girly girl. most days, it's throw the hair in a ponytail, no jewelry, and t-shirt and jeans. i mean, don't get me wrong, i dress up too. about once or twice a week.
random fact #2: running is like a drug for me. i love it. i get addicted. when i don't go for awhile, i forget how much i go crazy for running... and then i go again, and i wonder how could i have forgotten this?!?
random fact #3: i've never been a big fan of painting my nails, but since coming to byu, it's growing on me. (i'm sure thanks to my roommates!) i don't go out without my fingers and toes painted.
random fact #4: i LOVE kids. probably one of the big reasons i decided to become an elementary school teacher! whenever i see babies or toddlers, i want to scoop them up and give them a big squeeze. and probably a kiss. little kids are so funny! when the time comes to have my own little kidlets, i want 5 or 6.
random fact #5: breakfast is my favorite meal... but i hardly ever eat breakfast. weird, i know. but honestly, i just don't have time in the mornings for anything besides a yogurt, a granola bar, or an apple on the way out the door. but, dang.. bacon, pancakes, waffles, eggs, juice? that stuff is my favorite. i would rather go out to breakfast than go out to dinner.
random fact #6: i love my computer. macs all the way!
random fact #7: i hate -- and i mean HATE -- collar bones. do not EVER touch my collar bone. i just feel like it's going to snap in half when it's touched. don't rub it, don't massage it, don't poke it, don't don't don't DON'T touch it.
random fact #8: my favorite color is and forever will be turquoise.
random fact #9: i loveeeeeee jon schmidt. i might be obsessed. like for real. he is so awesome. i'm pretty sure he's the reason why i love playing the piano so much.
random fact #10: i really like cooked cabbage. i need to buy some cabbage, haven't had any since i moved... hmm...
random fact #11: i am addicted to blogging. (can't ya tell?!)
the answers to julia's questions:
1. dream vacation spot? hawaii. definitely. i've never been there, but have wanted to go for years.
2. wedding colors? i don't have my colors exactly picked out, but i know i want something vintage. look here to see my wedding. i've decided that's exactly how it's going to be.
3. weird obsession? 80's music! love it!
4. most life changing event? graduation from wasatch high school. i remember that crazy day like it was yesterday. having to say goodbye to that stage in my life was so sad and so hard, but i wouldn't trade it for the world. i love where i am in my life right now!
5. most awkward moment? once upon a time i was on a date, and we went out to lunch. we sat down at the table, and i picked up my sandwich and took a big bite. i was starving! well, with my mouth full, i looked across the table to see my date with his head bowed and his arms folded. he was praying! in a restaurant! (who does that??) and i felt like an idiot. so i hurried and put down my sandwich and bowed my head as well, hoping that he wouldn't look up and see me trying to chew and swallow my food as fast as i could.
6. favorite icing flavor? peanut butter -- hands down!!
7. when you are frustrated or upset what do you do to calm down? i usually go to the piano and play a bunch of hymns. either that or i go to youtube and listen to as many of jon schmidt's songs as i can.
8. celine dion or shania twain? shania baby!!! for sure! (i love celine too, but i grew up singing shania.)
9. what was your worst date? ahh.. worst date. in high school, i was asked on a date that i did not want to go on. it was awkward the entire time. near the end of the date, he asked me if i wanted to true wasp (kiss across the W on the football field). i politely declined, and when i got home, i cried to my parents about how awful and awkward the entire experience was. blah.. hate awkward dates.
10. what is your most prized possession and why? my journal. i absolutely love writing in it. if i ever lost it, i would cry. it has so much of my life written in there. so many things that i hold dear.
11. if you could pick a name for yourself what would it be? actually, i'm cool with my name. and my many wonderful nicknames. shay, shay bay, shay bay bay, shay k :)
1. what was the happiest memory of your life?
2. the saddest?
3. describe a typical day in your life today.
4. where would you like to live when you grow up and why? (when you grow up.. haha. you know what i mean.)
5. biggest pet peeve and why?
6. favorite color?
7. who has been the biggest influence in your life? what lessons have you learned from that person?
8. how would you like to be remembered?
9. how has your life been different than you've imagined?
10. how do you feel about your family? your friends?
11. describe yourself to someone who knows nothing about you.