- walking home on this beautiful day! it's warm, but not too warm, and the breeze carries the promise of fall. the leaves on the mountains are stunning: brilliant oranges, yellows, and reds. but there's also snow on timpanogos! this could make me upset, because i'm not ready for winter, but instead i enjoy the sheer beauty of this place that i am lucky enough to live in.
- good music. i know, i'm weird, and i'm not super into the modern rap crap. here's what i love... 80's music. it's so good! and it can turn my whole day around. another few songs that i recently bought that i'm borderline obsessed with right now: ultimate by lindsay lohan (remember this great song? it comes right at the end of the movie freaky friday. it just makes me want to rock out. and i'm sitting in the middle of the library haha). the tarzan soundtrack is also working its way up to my favorites right about now. there are actually some really good, deep lyrics to these songs. my favorite quote from the soundtrack? "raise your head up! lift high the load! take strength from those that need you." if that doesn't scream BE POSITIVE! then i don't know what does :)
- putting a smile on. today, right when i opened my eyes, i smiled. it actually made a huge difference in my day. i think another thing that helped was that i made a conscious decision to make today a good one. it's all up to me to make it good, and so if i decide it, it'll be a fantastic day!
- working out. exercise always boosts my mood. it makes me feel good to be doing something that's hard and good for me.
- remembering words from our loving prophet, thomas s. monson: "rather than dwelling on the past, we should make the most of today, of the here and now, doing all we can to provide pleasant memories for the future."
here's to a lovely day! hope your day is just as great! :)