10.03.2011

MY FAVE GEN CONF


i have never felt more spiritually uplifted by general conference before -- ever. in my entire life. perhaps it's because i'm at college? away from my family? perhaps because i needed it? perhaps both.

i was able to go to the saturday afternoon session with julia and james. being there, in the conference center, is an absolutely incredible experience. i don't even think i could express my love for that place. it felt like all the talks were meant for me! and when we all stood up, singing "praise to the man" while knowing that the world was watching, i couldn't help but get emotional. i love this gospel. i feel the lord's love for me so much. i am grateful to be alive, attending brigham young university, surrounded by the gospel each and every day. what a blessing!

a few (a very few) highlights:
  • it's better to look up!
  • let us be as quick to kneel as we are to text
  • the atonement is for us all -- no matter our circumstance, how big or small our mistakes are, or how inadequate we feel
  • motherhood is not a responsibility, it's a calling
  • we need to be better about doing family history
  • we are members of the church of jesus christ of latter day saints!
ps. i want to get married in the salt lake temple. i love it.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I. Love. Conference. And I love you!