4.02.2012

REFLECTION


this morning i had to take my dad to the airport.  (to make a long story short, my usual taxi service, aka papa trav, is going out of town and i needed a car.  hence me taking him to the airport so that i could use his car for a few days.)

3:30 am wake up, people.  3:30.  want me to say it again?  3:30 am.

it was hard.

but as i dropped him off at the curb and proceeded to drive myself back to my apartment in provo, i had a lot of time to think and reflect.  here is a sum-up of those thoughts that have been bouncing around in my brain in the wee hours of the morning.

my life is oh-so-good.  and it's only going to get better.  you know why?  because i have decided to make it so.  i have been blessed so much.  i have a fantastic family that supports me and helps me in everything i do.  i have a healthy body.  i have wonderful friends.  i am attending an amazing university with so much ahead of me.  my future is bright.  my faith is bright.

of course, there are those moments in life when i think ugh.  not another test.  not another cloudy sky.  not another bad hair day.  not another chipped nail.  not another trip to the dentist.  (i have to go today, blah.)  not another stress-filled-week.

but these quiet hours of the morning have reminded me that i can do whatever i set my mind to do.  and as i drove down i-15, i was extremely grateful to my Father in Heaven for another day on earth, another day to do my best, another day to try.  if i fail, i can get on my knees and repent and do better tomorrow.  as long as i keep trying, everything is going to be okay.

i've never been a morning person, but maybe i should be.  mornings are nice.

No comments: